This article describes how to manage physical presence standards and how to add/remove them from programs and interactive map.
Managing physical presence types
Mentis comes pre-configured with a number of physical presence types which are co-related with state laws and policies. However, you can manage them as per your institution's preference.
1. Once inside the ELC app, select Physical Presence present under Data from the sidebar.
2. Click on Add button present on the right-hand side.
3. In Create a new Physical Presence, you need to enter a primary trigger name (1), sub trigger name (2), color (3) and description (4) for particular physical presence.
Note: For adding color, you can use the link for 'Check here for color codes'.
If you don't find the particular primary trigger then you can type and create using text box for adding Primary Trigger.
This will be displayed as the physical presence and used for adding physical presence in program.
4. You can search for a particular physical presence using the search bar for primary trigger and sub trigger.
5. You can edit or delete a particular physical presence using respective buttons under actions.
Adding physical presence types to programs
You can add physical presence types for a given program. You can assign types one state at a time or update multiple types for multiple states at once using the interactive map feature.
1. Select Programs present under Manage ELC from the sidebar (see highlighted area below)
2. Select Add or remove Physical Presence from the drop-down menu present next to Edit button under Actions.
Tip: If the physical presence column for your program shows types that you have been added previously, you can simply click on that data to also bring up the edit page.
3. In the dialog that opens, you need to
- Select one or more state(s)
- Select one or more physical presence types using the appropriate checkbox.
Note: You can also select the top level category if you don't have details of the actual physical presence types applicable for the program. For example, you can select Property in the State by itself and not go into the specifics of whether it is a physical building or a telephone number - although the more specific you get the better for reports and analytics.
- Click update
Note: As you continue selecting multiple states, the column on the right with the physical presence types keeps getting updated to reflect what all triggers are already selected for the selection of states (only physical presence types that are common across all the selected states will be pre-selected).
Removing physical presence type(s) to programs
The procedure for removing physical presence types is the same as adding except you will uncheck a trigger that has already been added. Please see previous section for more detail.