Under Construction: Available Version x.2.4.0 onwards for select customers only.
You can now use Profiles to pull data from other external third party systems. We currently support Digital Measures but for information or requests for additional data sources, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note that the third party system should support pulling data using web-services).
Currently, the entire profile of a user can be switched to pull data from an external third party data source. The profile can only be edited in the third party system but it can be made searchable and viewable in Explore. There are two steps required to achieve this integration:
1. Specifying the profile location for the profiles or users whose profiles need to populated from the third party system - Manage Profile Location
2. Specifying the frequency at which the third party system should be checked for new information - Scheduling the import process or running it on demand
Manage Profile Location
1. Once inside the Admin area, select Profile Location from the sidebar present under Manage Users.
2. To specify an external data source of a particular profile, click on Add button present on the right-hand side.
3. In the prompt that appears, add the user User. The Profile location field can be used to specify the third-party source. You may only see the options that have been customized for your institution. The slug is the unique friendly name that is auto-generated for the profile and will be used in explore to browse to the profile.
Note: If the profile for that user was already present in Mentis, the slug remains the same. For new users, the slug is auto-generated based on their first name, last name and the availability of slugs in the system.
4. Click on Save. The profile location of particular user would immediately change to the location specified (for example, Digital Measures) and the user would not be able to edit his profile through Mentis.
5. To re-enable the users profile in Mentis, simply delete the users record from this profile location.
Note: You can also view the history of particular users profile location using View History button.
Scheduling the import process or running it on demand
After specifying the profile location for the profiles or users whose profiles need to populate from the third party system, you need to set the frequency at which the third party system would be checked for new information. For this purpose, you need to add a nightly process for scheduling the import process.
1. Select Nightly Processes from the sidebar present under Manage Users.
2. Click on Add button present on the right-hand side.
3. In Create a new Nightly Process you need to add Application (1) as profile, Module (2) as indexUserDataFromDM, Method (3) as getDmData, Params (4) as blank, Minute (5), Hour (6), Day of Month (7), Month (8), Day of Week (9) as * (asterisk mark), Description (10) if any, Recurring Count (11) if any. You need to mark the checkbox for Recurring and Active.
4. Click on Save.
5. You can edit or delete a particular nightly process using edit or delete button present under Actions.