Available Version Mentis 3.0.0 onwards
The article below walks you through the process of bulk importing data for various entities using the import data utility in ELC app.
Note: The system currently only supports .xls and .xlsx. If using any online excel editor to generate an excel file for import, please make sure there are no empty rows before proceeding with the tool.
Accessing Import Data
1. Once inside the ELC app, click on Import Data present in the sidebar under Data.
2. In Import Data, select a particular item, for example, Student Info from the drop-down list of select an item to import data.
Available with version 3.3.2 onwards
Now you can also import data for Programs using Import Data option present under Data.
3. Now choose a .xls (Excel) or .xlsx (Microsoft Office Open XML spreadsheet) format file to import data and the Excel or XML spreadsheet must have all the required columns as per Mentis Column Name present in Import Summary.
Note: You can download a predefined template using Download a predefined Template button present on the right-hand side. Also, the file must not be larger than 2 MB. If your file is larger than 2MB please email us at email@example.com to find alternative methods of importing your data.
4. Now click on Import button. You will get the opportunity to map your data file columns to the mentis columns in the next step.
5. The system auto-detects the headers in your excel file and allows you to customize the columns of data imported using the drop-down list for particular Excel Header Name present under Import Summary.
Please note that if you had downloaded the available data template, the columns are auto-matched for your convenience.
6. Click on Finish.
Errors, if available, are displayed at the end to indicate any duplicate records, entries not found etc. for you to review and attempt again.